News from the English Premier League as Southampton FC announce a 7 year deal with Under Armour.
The new deal which which commences on July 1st 2016 will see Under Armour replace Adidas as The Saints kit supplier for the next seven seasons.
Both Southampton FC and Under Armour have made six pledges which they hope to deliver over the next seven seasons:
• Relentlessly innovate and create revolutionary product enabling our first team to perform at the highest level.
• Continue to develop the next generation of academy talent and empower them with over 5,000 pairs of cutting-edge footwear over the next seven years.
• Work with the Saints Foundation and kit out more than 5,000 children in the local community.
• Develop the women’s and girls’ game through our shared expertise and knowledge.
• Realise our global ambitions by spreading the benefits of sport and healthy living through technology and activations.
• Together we commit to having fans and innovation at the heart of everything we do.
Talking of the new long term partnership Saints chairman Ralph Krueger said, “Under Armour shares similar values to us in that they achieve success through a combination of hard work and strategic thinking.
“At Southampton, our determination to succeed is accompanied by a commitment to develop athletes as people, and this partnership reflects this.
“Our challenge now is to retain our ‘underdog’ mentality whilst entering a sustained period of success.”
The Kitman will bring you any information and leaked images we receive regarding the new Southampton 2016-17 kits made by Under Armour in the following months.